Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hope



This is a zentangle I gave to a dear friend of mine yesterday who is going through chemotherapy. She is an inspiration to me and I know God's plan for her life isn't yet complete! She still has a lot of living to do :)

I didn't realize the Diva's challenge this week was to give a tile away until I saw her post today. What great timing! Although this isn't a tile; it's an 8x8 canvas. Making this was a challenge. I've never tangled on canvas before - it's so bumpy I couldn't get a straight line to save my life! But I kept at it and think it turned out great. That's the beauty of zentangle; it's not the individual line that counts, it's the total of all the lines together that make it special.

The message of this piece is Hope, and how fitting a sentiment that is for Christmas, when God reached out to men and women by sending His Son to give us hope, not only for today, but for eternity.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a lovely gift! As was God's gift to us. Perfect. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sentiment and artwork. Amazing as usual!!!

    ~Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome gift - love a tangle that is so rich and full of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an inspiration for all it goes to show that no matter how bad you think it is that there is always someone there for you giving you hope whether you know it or not. God Bless you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete